Parent Portal and Student Enrollment

The HOME BASE/PowerSchool is a statewide student information system with parent access. Parents will be able to view their child's attendance, current grades and other resources. The parent portal will also have single sign-on access, meaning that parents will be able to monitor multiple students' progress with one username and password.

Each school has access code information for each student that is available at the front office. Because of the private nature of student's grades, the access codes will not be sent home with students. We encourage parents to come by their school and request the access code information, or contact the school if you have any questions about how you can receive the access code information.

Find a quick guide to accessing Parent Portal here:  Parent Portal Guide

Find detailed instructions and resources here: Parent Portal Instructions

Any accepted student who did NOT attend one of our 7 district middle schools (AC Reynolds Middle, Cane Creek Middle, Enka Middle, Erwin Middle, North Buncombe Middle, Owen Middle, or Valley Springs Middle) will need to complete the PowerSchool Registration Process by clicking the link below:

Click Here: Parent Portal  

You will also need to bring the following materials to NDA:

  • Photo Identification of Parent/Legal Guardian

  • Copy of Child's Certified Birth Certificate

  • Proof of Guardianship. Can include birth certificate, divorce papers, Social Services paperwork signed by a judge awarding custody.  Custody paperwork authorized by a judge or Social Services/foster care placement paperwork is required for all children not living with their natural parent. 

  • Copy of up-to-date Immunization Record.  If your child is not immunized, you will need to speak with a school nurse.  By law, due within 30 calendar days of enrollment. 

  • Health Assessment. For all students new to North Carolina Public schools.  Must be the NC DHHS form obtained on the nurse's website or from the doctor's office - these are not provided at the school.  By law, due within 30 calendar days of enrollment. 

  • Two Proofs of Residence. One must be a utility bill (power, water, or gas) and the other must be a mortgage statement, rental/lease agreement, deed, or buyer's agreement.