Tutorials for the Technically Challenged
#1. How do I pair my Surface Pro Pen with the Tablet?
Do not attempt this while in the vicinity of other Surface Pro users attempting to also pair their pens.
Follow these instructions:
1. Swipe in from the right edge and select "settings" from the tiles.
2. Tap "Change PC Settings"
3. Tap "PC and Devices"
4. Tap "Bluetooth"
Students should do the following steps one at a time to avoid pairing the wrong pen with their computer.
5. Hold down the top button on the surface pen until the light on the top part of the pen turns on.
6. Tap "Surface Pen" in the Bluetooth list and tap "pair".
7. Once pairing is complete, tap the top button and set up Onenote with a Microsoft account.
How Do I Use Surface Pro & One Note?
Check out the following videos and links. They should get you started....
How Do I Get Autodesk Inventor on my Surface Pro and Use It At Home?
In order to get Inventor software on your Surface Pro you MUST download it at school, on the BCS network.
1. select the "windows" button and go to apps. Select "Software Center"...allow to fully load.
2. At the top right, click "Application
Catalog". When it populates, you should see "Inventor Professional".
Scroll down and right. Select Install. Click yes.
It's a very large program and will take some time to download.
3. When Inventor is loaded. Open the application.
4. At the top right you will see a small "?" Icon. Click the drop down arrow next to it.
5. scroll down to "About Autodesk Inventor Professional" click.
6. A pop up box will appear. Click "Product Information". Then click "Borrow License"
7. When the calendar pops up, scroll
forward advancing to 6 months in the future and select a date (the
borrowed license will be good for 6 months).
8. when it provides the message that you've been successsful you're good to go.